I had a deep conversation with my niece a month or so back. Mind you, this niece is in the Navy currently underway (on a submarine) for the next three months. An independent young woman, on a submarine, doing her thing, standing in her authenticity regardless of the status quo. We were talking about the impact of social media on teens and across the board, and how it can lead to self-harm and overall negative self-acceptance. We observed the Barbie-like posts, tweaked to outward perfection. We reflected on how people veer toward what is trendy, “perfect” or “cool” and want to be just that.
But what is that? And how much of it is REAL?? The conversation inspired me to speculate more on authenticity and how living in our Truth could shift our perspective on reality, inside and out.
When I asked my guides, I heard, “You already are perfect. Just the way you are. It’s how we created you. Why change what is eternal?” In essence, we originated from the stars, eternally outstanding, each of us. Wow. Super profound and so true.
And then, moments later, on Instagram, I see an ad with Christy Brinkley telling me I needed to rub my wrinkles away with some contraption to make my skin smooth and, in my 45 years, look 20. (Forehead slap.)
The massive elephant-in-the-room question is, though we conceptually know we are “perfect already,” do we practice it?
Well, let’s list some areas where authenticity is commonly compromised:
- Beauty (societal standard)
- Masculinity and what it means to “be a man”
- Communication with integrity
- Integrity in general
Let’s just start with beauty. It’s the most in-your-face, pun intended. Don’t get me wrong, I do get a wild hair to shave my legs from time to time (much to my husband’s relief), and I’m all about pampering. It’s absolutely a part of self-love.
But the issue is not self-care and/or maintenance. The focus here is self-LOVE. Do we take care of ourselves to feel good inside or do we do so to avoid judgment? I can’t state enough the importance of this question.
What it boils down to, short and sweet(ish), when we practice self-love, we are authentic. When we are being authentic in who we ARE, we are loving LIFE. We are loving BEing. Trying to be anything but who we are and what is in our best interest will only deplete why we came here in the first place! Listen to your body. Let go of others’ responses or acceptance. Make time for YOU – literally schedule it. You may say, “Easier said than done.” But you’ll find it’s much easier to live when you let their expectations go. (Serenity prayer as needed).
(Read that again…)
So how can we begin to practice self-love?
- By respecting, loving, admiring, appreciating, and honoring who you are (make a list of your amazing attributes – this is not conceited, folks!)
- By setting boundaries with love – saying “no” when you are overwhelmed and doing so with grace (this takes inner processing and practice)
- By filling your “happy” bowl first so that you have inner love to share with others who are appreciative of what you offer them.
Outcomes when we are self-loving (to name a few):
- We are authentically glowing from within, and we project that glow-ness onto everyone we bump into.
- We are less critical of ourselves and therefore others.
- We are more accepting of life situations because we are not exhausting ourselves trying to look good or meet some unattainable expectation to make someone else happy.
Authentically Healing Tools:
- Read and watch this helpful blog + video for all the healers, helpers, lovers out there. You’ll thank your authentic self.
- Download the Authentic Self-love Checklist and Quiz! It’s a great way to keep up with yourSELF LOVE and inner-shifting perspective!
- Come experience the inner-evolution at my Wisdom Seekers Workshop!*
I am offering a powerful “Third Eye Awakening Weekend Workshop” this February 12-13, 2022. This workshop will shift your perspective of not only you but the universe and everything therein! Authentically, now’s the time to awaken and evolve.
*Space is limited to 15 max in-person. We are going to live broadcast and record the two-day third-eye opening intensive for those who prefer to practice the tools from home.
For information or to register: https://jessicamangum.com/workshops/
When we are in our authentic self, we are practicing SELF-LOVE and will, by default, experience a loving shift in perspective from the inside out.
When we love ourselves regardless of what others think (judgment), we are standing in our authenticity (Truth).
Other Related Articles by Jessica:
We All Are Mysteries Unfolding
Mass Awakening, Mass Evolution
Ahlara’s Mind, Body, Spirit Expo
Saturday, January 22, 12-4pm
Jess’ offering: Soul Purpose, Guidance and 2022 Clarity Readings
20 mins for $44
Contact Ahlara to receive your guidance: 704-662-0946