Because my reading and down time is rather limited, I decided to purchase an audiobook on the essence of joy. I realized that though I am a pretty joyful person (when everything goes my way – Ha!), I still have so much more to learn and thus share. So, based purely on intuition, research and coincidence, I located my new source of inspiration: “The Book of Joy” by Dalai Lama and Desmund Tutu.
I definitely recommend purchasing the book for yourself, but I wanted to provide some daily practices that I collected from the book that you can incorporate NOW to allow for more JOY to enter into your life consistently. After all, isn’t that why we are here?
THE “FINDING JOY” TO DO LIST (attached – to print and display as a reminder):
1. Pray for others daily. What we “put out there” is what we receive in turn. It is said that self-centered thinking is the root of all suffering.
2. Think: Every day is your birth day! Happy Birth Day to you!
3. Focus on inner values: Kindness/compassion toward each other.
4. Laugh and smile from the inside out: Reflect on life experiences that have brought the greatest joy.
5. Look for new, exciting opportunities in change: Don’t resist. Allow!
We all know life is full of all sorts of (un)expected challenges. Again, it’s how we receive, perceive and respond to them that makes the difference – not only in our life, but the lives of all those who surround us. Just one smile can trigger a world of happiness.
For more information, insights, teachings, and tips on finding JOY, please watch my YouTube video: Bring in the JOY! (Subscribe to my YouTube page here.)