I want to punctuate that this love letter to you is not about the politics and environment of the world right now, but how we can clear and heal consistently the fear surrounding many grand, and mere, differences of opinion.
Take a moment. Breathe in, breathe out.
Why the divide (larger picture perspective)?
The current polarization is necessary. It must occur so that the world can literally “see” what lies beneath. We can use the analogies of a pimple or a volcano, puss and fire (wounds and anger) bubbling to reach the surface.
What is most important to consider is that once the eruption, the “extraction” occurs, healing takes over and new life is formed, whether it be slowly or quickly. Trust that this process will happen at the perfect pace and timing for optimal growth, positive change and benefit for all.
What are we learning as individuals and the collective?
What we are learning is two-fold:
– Death and renewal is a natural flow of life: Old systems and mentalities are on their way “out.” New vision and BEing* is coming.
*BEing means we are focused on being present, not worrying about who we are by what we can get done or by how much we accomplish (the latter is a societal expectation. Do we really think God/the universe cares if we get the groceries Or do the laundry on time?)
– Self-expression with reciprocal non-judgment: Some of us hold on to our thoughts, almost swallowing them to keep the peace; others feel the need to express our opinions regardless of what others think. Neither means of communication is “right” or “wrong.”
How to handle differing opinions?
We need to learn to express, respectfully, where we stand.
1. Remember: Breaking it down, the pendulum is swinging, and updated perception will come. A sense of peace, relief and fulfillment will return. It will return. We are all, globally, learning patience and forgiveness. Envision this: The world hugging.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
2. Reflect: If you have your own resentments/anger, take a moment to sit with them. Write them down. “Vomit” onto paper and release by burning them.
Breathe in love. Breathe out anger.
3. Think: Before you speak, ponder this:
T: Is it True?
H: Is it Helpful?
I: Is it Inspiring?
N: Is it Necessary?
K: Is it Kind?
Breathe in calm. Breathe out tension.
Here is a meditation to heal and cleanse the affected energies from outside, conflicting influence to align yourself. It has been a daily practice for me, and I’d love to share it with you.
Take this time for YOU and for the healing of the world. It begins with US.