First and foremost, Happy New Year 2018!! I’m really excited about this year and what it has to offer. What does 2018 mean for us? Check out Joanne Sacred Scribe’s angel numbers.
This newsletter’s topic is all about acceptance, open-mindedness and listening without judgment. As we move forward on this journey and step into our true power and our spiritual Selves, the above aspects of who we are as spiritual beings in a material world (AKA time-space reality. Thank you, Abraham Hicks) are foundational and essential for our growth.
That is why I am welcoming this incredibly powerful “11” (2+0+1+8) year with this focal point. Incorporating these virtues consistently, daily will allow us to step into our natural loving selves and ultimately guide us to a place of joy and success when we let go of the mental power struggle (ego).
Right now we are all living in a time of great “divide” mentally and emotionally – and this is a good thing! Because of the varying, seemingly tumultuous circumstances surrounding us globally as we watch the news with great dismay, we are more open (to put it lightly) to voicing our opinions. As a result, we will be given the opportunity to listen to the opinions of others, “right” or “wrong.” This can be a challenge. But, if we look at what is happening on a larger, bigger picture scale, we can see that there is a Divine reason for this discord. The more we resist, attack or judge the viewpoints of others, the longer it will take to make positive change.
The ultimate answer? Acceptance.
On Listening and Open-minded Acceptance. Key points to keep in check:
- You can still “hear” what the other is saying without necessarily agreeing, and that’s OK.
- Be present when listening. What are they really saying? Are you truly listening or considering how you are going to “come back?” Avoid the “Yes, I see what you’re saying, but…”
- Don’t get sucked into the emotion of the topic.
- It’s not about winning; it’s about learning.
- Truth is Truth within you – what you believe and feel is yours, and the same goes for each and every one of us. Allow them to be them.
- Remember that all of our many perspectives allow us to see from all angles. Practice omnipresence.
If you are in a situation where you feel you are being attacked because of your viewpoint, that’s about boundaries, “protection” techniques and clearing (next newsletter). As number 3 above suggests, don’t get sucked in. Remove yourself from the situation, breathe, release.
For individual guidance in person, I will be conducting readings at various venues in January. Check out the options under “Upcoming Events” below and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to schedule. Note that reading slots fill up quickly (!), so schedule today!